Ready to guest blog for us?
We are delighted to receive requests from guest bloggers around the country. For us, we regard a successful article one that is comprehensive, contains action oriented tips and how-to articles that can help educate our reader about their number one interest – cats.
Articles may include (but not limited to) topics such as behavior issues, tips and trix for new and seasoned pet owners, diet recommendations, health tips, training and insights.
These are our guest blogging requirements:
- Well-written and high-quality original article (we all know how Google hates duplicate content) related to cats.
- Article that reflects the writing style/tone of Smiling Paws Pets. We tend to lean towards a conversational (colloquial) and relaxed writing style. We type as if we would have a conversation.
- Short, 1-2 sentence author bio including a maximum of 1 anchor text link to the author’s own website. Send a picture to make the author bio more interesting and increase the likelihood that visitor will visit your site.
- Maximum of 2 additional anchor text links to the author’s own website within the body of the article.
- Give proper attribution of data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the article. The following are a few examples of how to provide proper attribution.
- No length requirements: posts should be as long as they need to be to be high quality, comprehensive and not overly detailed. Our motto is that once you read an article about a specific topic on Smiling Paws Pets, you do not need to look for answers elsewhere as we have provided you with everything you need to know. For those that like guidelines, we would not expect less than 700 words and more than 2000.
- Post submitted in HTML or in a Word document with any image files (including attribution) attached separately.
- Images must be of high quality. A high res 1800x1000 header image must be included in addition to any in-text images.
- Submissions must meet Smiling Paws Pets quality standards in order to get published.
- Please avoid being self-promotional in the body of your article. Save that for your author bio.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog afterward (it’s that whole duplicate content thing again), but you’re more than welcome to link to it and share it like crazy.
- Smiling Paws Pets reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit.
How to Submit:
Please email your completed article to info [at] smilingpawspets [dot] com, and we’ll get back to you if we’re interested. It may take anywhere from 2-8 weeks to publish due to the volume of requests we receive.